Menu

January 29, 2013

Makeup Highlights 2012 TAG



I was recently tagged to write my Makeup Highlights for 2012 by Audreiana @trubeaubynature. I was afraid I would not be able to write this post before February, but thankfully, here it is!


  1. Which makeup brand stood out to you the most in 2012? Drugstore and High End.
Unfortunately, no drugstore makeup brand stood out for me. The high end brands I was particularly impressed by are Ilia Beauty, RMS Beauty, and Jane Iredale. High quality make-up with a lot of beneficial ingredients and little to no questionable ingredients.

     2. Best new discovery of 2012?

Rosehip oil, and RMS Beauty Living Luminizer. Rosehip Oil has been greatly effective on my skin, and the living luminizer is the perfect highlighter to achieve that amazing fresh-looking skin that you see on the covers of fashion magazines and on the runaways. (If you checkout my pinterest-makeup board, there are several pictures of highlighted skin makeup looks that you can try to recreate with the living luminizer).

     3. Best re-discovery - A product that you fall in love with over and over again?

Coconut Oil. I use it so much and in so many ways; makeup remover, hair mask, body moisturizer, after shave moisturizer, lip moisturizer, etc. I also keep a separate container in the kitchen that I use in my daily cooking.

     4. Best seasonal product of 2012? Winter/ Spring/ Summer/ Fall

I do not change my makeup routine much from season to season, but I definitely use more powder makeup during summer.

    5. Best and worst Limited Edition Collections in 2012? Drugstore and High End.

Ilia Beauty has made some lip products especially for this fall that are fantastic. The tinted lip conditioner in These Days is a gorgeous bronzy-nude, and I am really hoping that it will become part of their permanent collection. I cannot think of a bad limited edition collection. And again, no drugstore options for me.

    6. Most regretted purchase of 2012?

The Jane Iredale Active Light Under Eye Concealer did not work for me. The concept is great: a lightweight, light-reflective concealer pen. Unfortunately, it "cakes" and leaves flakey residues under my eyes. Possibly, my more "mature" under-eye skin needs a little extra help. I read a lot of positive reviews, so you may experience different results.

    7. Youtube and beauty highlights of 2012?

I never miss a video from Lisa Eldridge or Charlotte Tilbury, which are my favorite resources for makeup tutorials. Their channels do not feature "green/organic/natural" makeup brands, so the challenge for me is to re-create the looks with my own products. As for "green beauty" channels, I am a subscriber of Pure makeupiluvjesse444, Beauty by Britanie, The Flaxen Owl, and I do not know of any other channels like these.

I will make a separate page on this blog to list all the beauty blogs I enjoy reading, and have been following during 2012 at the moment.

   8. What is your favorite/best video on your own channel?

I am not able to commit time for making videos due to my busy schedule. It is hard enough for me to find time to write my blog!

   9. Best recommendation of 2012 from someone else?


  10. Best makeup tool of 2012?

My favorite makeup tools are eyelash curlers. Tarte makes my favorite one. In 2012 I was also positively impressed by the Real Techniques Brushes.

  11. What are the products you are excited to try in 2013?

Straight from my wishlist, I would like to try: the RMS Beauty "Un-Powder" , the W3ll People Foundation/Concealer Stick, the Revolution Organics Freedom GLOW Beauty Balm , the Kjaer Weis Compact Cream Blush, the ILIA Beauty Illuminator - Polka Dots & Moonbeams , and more!!!

  12. Will you do a Makeup Collection in 2013, or an updated version?

I will probably do it!



Thank you for tagging me, Audreaiana!

Coming soon: a post about eyebrows featuring a product I am so glad I found!!!
(**Update, for the post about eyebrows click here)